Prize competition terms and conditions for the Non-Trivial Fellowship
By entering the free competition to win funding as part of the Non-trivial Fellowship (the Competition), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
1. The Promoter
The promoter of the Competition is Effective Ventures Foundation, registered charity number 1149828 and registered company number 07962181 (EVF). Its registered office address is Trajan House, Mill Street, Oxford, England, OX2 0DJ.
2. Entry requirements
- The Competition is only open to participants of the Non-Trivial Fellowship, aged 14 to 20 years who haven’t commenced a university degree.
- Employees or contractors of EVF and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible to take part.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- EVF may require you to prove that you are eligible to participate in the Competition.
3. Prize on offer
There are three prizes on offer:
- First place will receive a €2,000 grant award.
- Second place, which will be awarded twice, will receive a €500 grant award.
- Third place, which will be awarded eight times, will receive a €250 grant award.
The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
The prizes are subject to there being enough qualifying entries of sufficient merit.
We encourage you to use these funds towards your project developed during the Non-Trivial Fellowship or educational and personal / career development.
4. How to enter
- The Competition closes at 11:59pm on Friday 14 April 2022 (Closing Date).
- Entry to the Competition is free. No donation or other payment to EVF is necessary to enter the Competition.
- All Competition entries must be received by EVF at the following email address email@example.com (Submission Email) by no later than the Closing Date. All Competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
- To enter the Competition:
- Present the project that you worked on during the Non-Trivial Fellowship (you have approximately 5 minutes to present);
- Submit any accompanying material that you want us to consider, such as research or code; and to the Submission Email.
- Agree to us recording your presentation and using your presentation video on our website.
Any illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or otherwise ineligible entries will be rejected.
5. How the winners will be chosen
The winners will be chosen based on the most impactful projects that, in the opinion of the judges:
- showed the most progress during the course of the Non-Trivial Fellowship;
- showed potential for impact in the future; and
- were well presented.
The decision of the judges is final.
6. Claiming the prize
- EVF will make all reasonable efforts to contact each winner. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 60 days of the announcement date, EVF reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The prize funds will only be transferred by EVF to a regular checking bank account in the name of the participant (or their parent or guardian).
- EVF does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
7. Publicising the prize
- EVF must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid prize award took place. To comply with this obligation, you agree to EVF publishing your first name and age on EVF’s website (and any other reasonable publicity relating to the Competition), with a recording of your presentation video, without further reference, payment or other compensation. You agree to grant EVF a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- If you object to any or all of your first name, age and winning entry being published, please contact EVF. In such circumstances, EVF must still provide the information and winning entries to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
8. Limitation of liability
In so far as is permitted by law, EVF, its agents or distributors exclude liability for, and will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for, any loss or damage occurring as a result of submitting a Competition entry, use by EVF (for the purposes specified in these terms and conditions) of the materials that you submit to EVF, or the taking up the prize, except EVF does not exclude any liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9. Data protection and publicity
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, EVF may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the Competition.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and both you and EVF submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.